Gave the game a go, blended some commentary and reading and fixed a few mild things, I liked it.
A downloadable crossing
A game about death, cats, and roads.
- Originally published at UCSC's open Studio in March 2016.
- Awarded the 2016 UCSC Book Arts Award by Donna and Peter Thomas.
- I enjoy (and Do Not enjoy) many things about this looking back, but I am probably not going to do anything to this project in particular anymore
- When I played this again in 2019, I mostly see a patient frustration with existence. Also animation errors.
- It lags loading new scenes but other than that it plays fine. You know what I didn't want to cut up my massive background images into smaller more manageable sections. Time isn't something I had much of in grad school.
- You wanna see the first few pages of a very strange, confusing abandoned comic I made using similar iconography and themes?
- Made with Unity
Click download now to get access to the following files:
crossing_mar10_windows.zip 313 MB
crossing_mar11.zip 314 MB